This is Lifeline Queensland’s biggest fundraising event of the year and has more than 1 million books to explore.
- Dates: Saturday 17 June to Tuesday 20 June
- Where: Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Brisbane
- Times: Saturday 17 June 7:30 am to 7:00pm; Sunday to Tuesday, 18-20 June 8:00am to 7:00pm
Coming out of the pandemic, who would have guessed Australia would see – skyrocketing inflation, rapid interest rate hikes, a cost-of-living crisis, and unprecedented home and rental shortages.
It’s not surprising Lifeline is facing unprecedented demand for their services.
Lifeline was founded in 1963 by the late Reverend Sir Alan Walker with the mission of, “…a national charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour crisis support.”
I personally know a few of the many delivering on this mission:
- Lifeline CEO Colin Seery who over Zoom we recently discussed the demand on Lifeline, and how we can all help to ensure not one call to 13 11 14 goes unanswered.
- The irrepressible Steve Whitehead who manages corporate support.
- And finally. Drum roll please… The VOLUNTEERS! The hundreds of volunteers who are the lifeblood and unsung heroes who make Bookfest and Lifeline’s 24/7 services possible.
TWO BIRDS – ONE STONE
Every dollar you spend at Bookfest goes directly to support Lifeline’s 24/7 Crisis Support Line 13 11 14.
Attend the event and feel good knowing your book purchases are helping save lives!
#lifelinebookfest #lifelineshopsqld #lifeline
Daryl Elliott Green | Award Winning Speaker
#inspiring #motivation #resilience #keynote #speaker